A personal experiment in serialized fiction and the subconscious genius. Expect continuations of the narrative each Friday.

18 November 2005

Introduction by the Author

In an effort to force myself to create more, I have set for myself a public publishing schedule. Behold!

Expect continuations of the narrative each Friday.


As much an experiment in self-psychology as it is a display of my meager writing ability, the narrative will be excusably unpolished and rambling but it will be timely. I expect nothing more than to meet my weekly deadline, and, as such, I hope you, dear reader, will expect little more. (But, of course, I hope to expand your expecations as the narrative unfolds!)

As for the narrative itself: it is a trivial story of a trivial young man doing trivial things. It is nothing, really. Yet at the same time, it is everything and real. That is, a real story of a real young man doing real things. For what is everyday real life but everyday and trivial? No one cares about this young man, but neither does he care about anyone else. He is loved--but alone.

But by no means is he a portrait of depression. The very opposite, in fact. He is a symbol of hope as the ordinary. He is transcendent by being the ordinary. He is the modern hero, inunique, a man living inconsequentially and dear to few, but dear to at least himself. He lives despite living like so many before and around him.

So forgive me if my hero seems ordinary, and forgive me if my writing seems to surpass my hero in dullness. But this ordinariness is exactly that which I seek. I seek the ordinary, and all the extraordinary things that the ordinary entails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home